Monday, August 29, 2016

"E.T. Shoes"

I HAVE to write this down before it fades!
June's 2nd day of school. She came home and started eating her snack. She still isn't telling me much about school. It seriously is too much for her to process. She honestly can't go back and think about her day and pick just one thing at a time to talk about. haha. She's having too much fun! 

I finally get out of her that they did stations today, then a light bulb turns on and she yells, as if the thought will leave her immediately, "MOM! I HAVE TO TAKE E.T. SHEOS!" 
I said, "E.T. shoes?"
June: Yes, mom! E.T. shoes!
I was instantly confused because we recently wanted the movie E.T. with the kids and thought that Halloween wasn't until next month.
I then said, "June, why do you need E.T. shoes?"
June: "for school mom."
Me: "June why in the world would you need alien shoes at school." 
(My mind is going wild with how in the world I can make weird brown alien shoes that look like E.T.'s feet!)
June then says out of frustration, "NO MOM, not E.T. shoes like the movie "ouch.." I need school E.T shoes to run around in!" 
BAHA HA HA HA!
My lightbulb then clicks on. I giggle and say, "June, it's P.E. shoes. Not E.T. shoes."
She then giggles and says, "Oh! I thought it was E.T. shoes!" 
We both laugh together and at how I thought she meant the alien E.T. and she meant P.E. running shoes.

What a delightful memory. It will be hard for me to call Physical Education class P.E. I want to call it E.T. now!



No comments:

Post a Comment