Tuesday, January 10, 2017

"I can't even see your face"

"I can't even see your face!" Was the response of my 4 year old boy as we walked the black halls of our church checking doors and windows. My husband usually checks the building by himself, but we had just finished playing in the gym for Family Home Evening; and decided to do the rounds together.

As this sweet little hand was in mine, I couldn't help but think of us going through life hand in hand with our Savior. He teaches us and guides us through our daily life, even though we never see His face. One of my favorite scriptures came to mind:

"Be strong and of a good courage;
 be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; 
for the Lord thy God is with thee 
whithersoever thou goest."
- Joshua 1:9

Our Savior is continually encouraging us and reminding us that He is always there, in the brightness of day or the darkness of night. We can learn of Him and see His goodness in our daily lives when we read the scriptures.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
-Psalm 119:105

Reading the scriptures continuously will give us the light that can brighten our path along our sometimes dark and troubled life. When we read and study we receive the light He pours out on us. We can begin to see His hand holding ours, and the blessings He showers on us daily. 

I am thankful for the scriptures and the study that brings me closer to Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I can see His hand print in my life daily. My wonderful husband, my children, family and friends bless me beyond measure.

He is always holding our hand even when we can't see His face. But I'm sure if you look around, you can see His handprint all over your heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment