Friday, January 22, 2016

Reading

On of my most favorite things to do with my kids is to read to them. WE LOVE STORY TIME! There's really no time like story time. Sometimes we read in mom and dad's bed right when they wake up. Other times we read right before bed, and most times we read in the afternoon when there's nothing else to do. We love to giggle at the pictures and mom loves to make funny voices. 
I enjoy watching their imaginations spark and their curious minds work. I love teaching my kids simple manners and lessons like; Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. "Do we just walk into people's houses? No......" "Do we eat other people's food without asking? No....." "Do we break other people's things and not fix them? No....." Etc. 
Cuddling up with my children and cute books is one of my most favorite 'mommy and me' times.
We have too many favorites to count, I know they will change, but here's a list of our most read, "mom memorized" books.

The Rain Came Down
Harry and the Terrible Whatzit
The Popcorn Shop
The Little Mailman
Going on a Bear Hunt
Mother Goose Tales
How Do Dinosaurs say I Love You
A Bad case of Stripes
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie
The Day the Crayon's Quit
Green Eggs and Ham
You are My I Love You
Time for Bed
Click, Clack, Moo
If you Give a Moose a Muffin
(And 20 more I can't think of right now.)

I've started a continuous project. I realize that my kids are growing up too fast and I can't stop it. So I've decided to take pictures of my favorite "motherhood moments" I have with my kids. Yes they are staged, but a picture is worth a thousand words and a million memories. I want to remember our favorite things at all stages of their lives. I wish I would have started earlier, but better late than never. 

Motherhood Moment #1
"Story Time"



No comments:

Post a Comment